Why Social Media?
Most property agents in the past have advertised in local newspapers, paid for SEO to improve their Google rankings, signed up to property portals such as RightMove and Zoopla as well as paid for extras such as premium listings. But now social media marketing is changing the way people connect, discover, and share information as:
• Social media is the technology that connects people—whether it’s to share content or just to chat.
• Social networks, like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+ are the places where social interactions happen (discovering & sharing).
Social media marketing allows you to use technology to build relationships, drive repeat business, attract new customers through friends sharing with friends and receive instant feedback on your service offering. Sound familiar? That’s because social media marketing is really just word-of-mouth powered by technology.
Imagine having a target audience that follows your marketing business platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+, who are active and reachable at almost any time of day. Your messages could be read by potential customers on the train, in their offices, on lunch breaks, in the car, on holiday and much more. This could compliment existing marketing activities such as emails and newsletters for your more traditional clients who aren’t hooked into social media.
Social media also needs to form a key part of your customer service plan. Your customers can now instantly praise or criticise, and their posts can reach far and wide. It’s important to respond swiftly, compassionately and professionally to mitigate any spiralling reactions to negative posts, and try to turn a negative into a positive outcome.
See what we are doing for Martin & Co here…
Setting Goals and Tracking Results
It’s important to set clear objectives from the start about what you would like to achieve with social media. Goals could include:
• Increase brand awareness by spreading the word. Show customers and prospects who you are and what you can do for them with a friendly, personal approach.
• Drive sales and increase the number of new landlords/instructions. Give customers offers that are so good they’ll share them with their friends!
• Provide great customer service by making sure existing tenants remain loyal and have a positive experience through renting. Listen and respond to what your customers are saying about you and to you.
• Strengthen local relationships with other local complementary businesses.
• Demonstrate knowledge expertise by ‘adding value’ through local knowledge collective letting agency experience.
• Increase repeat business by keeping your customers coming back. Build deeper relationships so customers will get to know, like, and trust you more.
Results can be measured in several different ways using online tracking tools.
The first way is using Klout, which is an industry-recognised tool for measuring influence online. When information is shared on social media or in real life and people respond, that’s influence. The more influential you are, the higher your Klout Score (ranked 1-100).
The second way is by registering your branch for the Zoopla top 100 (#ZPP100). This is a top 100 leaderboard for UK Estate Agents in Social Media as scored by Klout.
If you decide to introduce a promotional seasonal calendar with exclusive special offers only available through social media, the success of those campaigns can be tracked to see the impact they generate.
Other Marketing Services Available
We offer a range of other marketing services that will compliment your social media including:
• Updating and refreshing your website content to make it relevant, engaging and personal to your audience
• Updating and refreshing your property portal profiles (Rightmove, Zoopla etc.) to compliment your website
• Create a weekly online newsletter using relevant social media feeds
• Set up and manage a promotional seasonal calendar for your Company, including exclusive special offers for your clients and tenants, to help build brand loyalty and word-of-mouth recommendation
• PR – often overlooked, but can be a great way to generate local press coverage if you have a positive story to tell. ie, x number of years in business, supporting a local charity event or your office are taking on a ‘challenge’ for charity!
We have a range of services and packages available (see below) starting from £50 + VAT, depending on budget and level of services required. Please contact us for more details at email@example.com.
FIND US ON FACEBOOK
Copyright Double Dash Marketing